Features some of the vessels and AI aircraft as well as a following an AI Kenmore Air flight into Victoria Harbour. These are in FSX
Sam Jay has kindly posted his impressions of VictoriaPlus.
I finally replaced my dying laptop, and decided in one swoop to also move flight simulator testing to a newer laptop. I chose the Lenovo Y50 from Newegg, which I’m quite happy with. Specs:
- Windows 8.1 – a joke of a user interface, which I’ve bypassed by using Classic Shell. No wonder Mac visitors to my website have gone from 5% to 15%!
- 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4700HQ
- WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB)
- 16GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
- NVIDIA® GTX-860M 2GB (Maxwell)
- 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) display
So I can run P3D at last (although I don’t like the washed out colours much and I can’t adjust sat/gamma/contrast on the NVidia card to correct this), but it’s good for testing so I am content. At least I was once I convinced P3D not to use the lousy integrated graphics using the NVidia control panel.
One of my big issues for testing was FSX load time which is now down to 11 seconds to get to the sandbox, and 86 seconds to load a complicated area like VictoriaPlus. These were both several minutes on my old rig.
I’m still slowly migrating applications.
I’m delighted to announce another great distributor for VictoriaPlus V8 PNW: SimMarket, which has done such a great job at selling VancouverPlus over the years, joins the FlightSim Store as another destination to enhance the Victoria area.
- my installer requirements were met without question and fuss
- they created the installer/wrapper at no charge
- they had no problem taking on the no-profit function of upgrading current users for free
- response was very prompt to requests and modifications
- all communication was courteous and respectful
- the margin they take is very reasonable
- their vendor on-line interface is excellent
- their ability to sell is great, exceeding expectations
- their customer service is excellent, as far as I know all issues have been attended to promptly and professionally
- their payments come through with an astonishing speed
In summary, Adrian and his team are an awesome group to work with, and I highly recommend them to any developers. I like working with people with a “can do” attitude. More info here.