Vancouver+ for FSX status
I posted on the Vancouver+ support forum a status update at http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=226 By the way if you want to focus your view into this blog on a particular topic, use a tag, eg. https://jonpatch.wordpress.com/tag/vancouver or https://jonpatch.wordpress.com/tag/development . See “Categories” on the right-hand panel for tags you can use.
From that post:
- Holger and I are making good progress on our respective portions and plan to go to beta in few weeks
- Scot Fraser is doing the configurator/installer (his last contribution was on Glacier Bay)
- We’ve added some new features for FSX, including the Lion’s Gate Bridge, Pattullo Bridge, Canada Place, CYPK photoscenery, new custom clearcut and other textures, highway traffic, and other bits and pieces
- This will be a new product, not an FS9 upgrade, so everyone will pay the same price (or close to it), likely the same as the FS9 product
- Major buildings and bridges converted to new FSX format
Overall, it’s been a large amount of work to convert to FSX, but the result looks great. Both Holger and I will be betatesters for FSX SP1, so we will ensure full compatibility, although we cannot talk about the beta process.
Stay tuned for more …